The International Coach Federation (ICF) UAE Chapter recognizes the importance of protecting our users’ privacy. To that end we have created our privacy statement and spam policy in order to demonstrate our commitment to privacy. Information on how site content can and cannot be used is also listed below. Please note that spam laws and regulations above and beyond ICF UAE Chapter’s policies may apply to commercial electronic messages sent to individuals who have elected to list their contact information on the ICF UAE Chapter website.
What Information is Collected
ICF UAE Chapter and its Web hosting company, acting as ICF UAE Chapter’s agent, collect and store technical information about your visit to our website. We use this information for statistical purposes to make our site more accessible to visitors and the information we collect is not provided to any other third party. Specifically, we may record:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site, if any.
- The type of Web browsing software and operating system you are using to view our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit on our site.
- The amount of time spent on the site.
To provide a more personalized user experience, including content, ads and social media features, our website uses pixels and cookies.
A pixel is a graphic with dimensions of 1 pixel by 1 pixel that is loaded when a user visits a website or opens an email. It is used to track certain user activities, such as but not limited to, conversions, events and retargeted data.
Throughout the website there may be forms to request information and purchase or obtain products and/or services. These forms typically ask for contact information (such as your phone, address or e-mail address), financial information (such as your credit card numbers), and demographic information (for example, company product categories, areas of interest, location, etc.) Information from these forms is used to deliver the information, products and/or services that you request. It may also be used to notify you of future ICF products, services and/or opportunities that may be of interest to you. When completing these forms, please do not supply another person’s personal data to us unless we prompt you to do so and you have received that individual’s consent to do so.
How Information Collected is Used
Demographic and profile data collected at our site may be added to a database maintained by ICF UAE Chapter to customize your website experience. It may be used to contact users of the web site for online surveys or advocacy purposes if the user has indicated an interest.
We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
Links to Other Sites
The website contains links to other sites. ICF UAE Chapter is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites. Inclusion of links to an outside website, whether in an advertisement or content area of ICF UAE Chapter’s website, is not an endorsement of the website or a guarantee that the information it contains is accurate.
This site makes list servers and Web forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal or business information.
This site uses physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect information collected online including firewalls to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. The use of these security measures is not a guarantee that information supplied over the Internet will not be intercepted.
Email and Spam Policy
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and we will not provide your personal information to any third-party individual, government agency or company at any time unless compelled to do so by law. We will use your email address solely to provide timely information about ICF UAE Chapter and its programs and services. ICF UAE Chapter will maintain the information you send via email in accordance with applicable international law.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, GDPR, and CASL all email sent from our organization will clearly state who the email is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all email messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further email communication from us.
Member/coach contact information included on ICF UAE Chapter’s website is not posted for the purpose of promoting/marketing products/services to coaches. It is primarily posted for the purpose of allowing potential clients of a coach to connect with a coach. All other email and electronic communications with members should adhere to the following principles:
- You should have a prior relationship with the person receiving your email. (Someone giving you their business card is acceptable in this regard, as it implies permission to get in contact. The same is true if someone has sent you an email.)
- A valid “from” and “reply to” address must be included with each message. If you have a subscription list, you should send a confirmation email that the person wishes to be on the list.
- There should always be a quick way to unsubscribe from any mail list.
- Any request to cease mailing from an individual or organization should be quickly honored.
- A complaint involving a breach of this policy may be considered a violation of the ICF Code of Ethics, and therefore referred to the Independent Review Board for their consideration. Should they find a breach occurred, remedies may be required. Sanctions may also be imposed such as suspending or terminating the coach’s membership and/or credential with the ICF.
Please note that spam laws and regulations above and beyond ICF UAE Chapter’s policies may apply to commercial electronic messages sent to individuals who have elected to list their contact information on the ICF UAE Chapter website.
Communications Regarding ICF Programs and Services
ICF has a strict anti-spam policy. However, we do want ICF Members, Credential-holders and affiliates to be aware of programs, services and opportunities available to you as a member of the ICF community. Communications from ICF may include, but are not be limited to the following:
- Messages regarding ICF awards programs
- Chapter Leader Update emails
- Emails from and regarding Communities of Practice
- Information about the Credentialed Coach Finder
- Prospective client RFPs distributed via the Credentialed Coach Finder
- Updates on the ICF Credentialing program, as well as updates specific to your credentialing status
- Messages from and regarding the ICF Foundation
- Member Update emails
- Membership renewal reminders
- Invitations to webinars and teleconferences designed to enhance your membership experience
- Invitations to participate in ICF-initiated and/or -supported research
- Information about ICF industry research
- Twitter Ambassador emails
Choice/Opt-Out or Corrections/Updates
Users of our website can opt out of receiving communications from us and our partners. If you no longer wish to receive any future communications or need to change or modify information previously provided, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also opt out of receiving email communications by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email.
As a user of coachfederation.org and/or an ICF UAE Chapter Member, Credential-holder or affiliate, your data protection rights are as follows:
- The right to access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority
- The right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may contact ICF Headquarters at email@example.com.
Change in Terms of Privacy
ICF UAE Chapter reserves the right to alter its privacy policies. Any changes to the policy will be posted on this page.
This site is controlled and operated by ICF UAE Chapter within the United Arab Emirates. ICF UAE Chapter makes no representations that materials, information, or content available on or through this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where such materials, information, or content are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
You may access, download and print materials on this website for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from this website without first obtaining written consent from ICF UAE Chapter. Furthermore, you may not use the materials found on this website on any other websites or in a networked environment without first obtaining written consent from ICF UAE Chapter.
All materials on this site (as well as the organization and layout of the site) are owned and copyrighted by the International Coach Federation UAE Chapter. © Copyright International Coach Federation (ICF) UAE Chapter. All rights reserved. No reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the copyrighted materials at this site is permitted without the written permission of ICF UAE Chapter.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact the following:
International Coach Federation UAE Chapter firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to stay informed